Ocean Park Hong Kong Increases Ticket Prices in 2016
Ocean Park Hong Kong increases ticket prices once again in new year. That’s right. They just announced to increase its ticket prices as well as annual pass fees from January 2016 onwards. It was just a question of time when this popular theme park would increase their entry fees. Their business competitors Hong Kong Disneyland and Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car have also adjusted price recently.
Effective from 1st of January 2016, visitors and fans of Ocean Park Hong Kong have to cope with higher ticket prices. Ticket prices for the general daytime admission will increase on average 11%.
After Ocean Park Hong Kong increases ticket prices, the admission fees have different changes according to different categories.
The revised Ocean Park Hong Kong Ticket Prices for 2016 are :
– Entrance Tickets Prices :
- Adult tickets’ new prices will be HK$ 385 (was HK$345, increased HK$ 40);
- Children (aged 3 – 11) tickets’ new price will be HK$ 193 (was HK$ 173, increased HK$ 20);
- Seniors as well as children (aged below 3 years) can still visit the theme park for free.
– Annual Pass Prices :
- The Ocean Park SmartFun Annual Passes (Gold and Silver) are not affected and remain unchanged since September 2013;
- Adult Gold Ocean Park SmartFun Annual Pass is priced at HK$ 960;
- Children Gold Ocean Park SmartFun Annual Pass is priced at HK$ 480;
- Adult Silver Annual Pass’ price is at HK$ 740 (no change);
- Children Silver Annual Pass’ price is HK$ 370 (no change);
It’s hard to believe the admission price for adult in 2013 was only HK$ 280. Within only two years the tickets rises over HK$ 100. Although making lots of profits, Hong Kong Ocean Park still decided to increase their ticket prices after one year.
Some Extra Promotions for You
At least there are two good news for the visitors. First of all, Ocean Park offers local fans a two-month grace period to cope with the unpleasant decision. Similar to last year’s announcement, Hong Kong residents can enjoy discounts on admission tickets and purchase tickets for the old ticket prices until 29th of February 2016. In order to enjoy this promotion, you need to show the Hong Kong ID card.
Secondly, the promotion period for Hong Kong Attraction Fun Deals will extend to 31st of January 2016. Upon presenting the ticket stub of one of the six attractions, guests can enjoy 10% ticket discount.
Secrets for You
“As one of the most popular theme parks in Hong Kong, Ocean Park Hong Kong is a great place not only to experience exciting rides, but also to get close to nature and animals.”
“In case you have children to travel with you, Ocean Park Hong Kong is a good option in your itinerary.”
Highlight: Panda, Dolphin Show, Pinguin, Jellyfish
Plan to Stay: A full day