Lunar Chinese New Year Fireworks Display 2016 is one of the highlights of the Chinese New Celebrations. Be assured that thousands of people will watch and enjoy the stunning fireworks display in Victoria Harbour to welcome and celebrate the Year of the Monkey.
This year’s Chinese New Year’s Firework will start at 8:00pm on February 9, 2016 (the second day of the Lunar New Year). Be prepared for a 23 minutes spectacular show illuminating Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong’s sky.
The best ways to experience Hong Kong Chinese New Year Fireworks
Along Victoria Harbour
Since the fireworks will be launched from barges on Victoria Harbour, the best vantage points to enjoy the fireworks are along Victoria Harbour in Tsim Sha Tsui, Central and of course in Wan Chai.
However, keep in mind that Avenue of Stars has been closed and will be closed for the next 3 years. Having said that, be prepared that this vantage spot will fill quickly and will be very crowded. Keep in mind the fireworks schedule and prepare plenty of time to travel to and from TST.
1. Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade
2. Tsim Sha Tsui Garden of Stars
3. Hung Hom Bypass (the highway will be closed during this event and a one of a kind opportunity to walk on one of Hong Kong’s busiest streets without cars)
4. West Kowloon Waterfront Promenade
Hong Kong Island Side
1. Central Ferry Piers
2. Golden Bauhinia Square at Wan Chai
3. Causeway Bay
From Hotels and Restaurants
In case you would like to enjoy the fireworks from the convenience of your hotel room or while enjoying dinner or glass of wine, beer or cocktail you might want to take a closer look at the following hotels. But make sure to reserve your seats/rooms quick since this is one of the hottest events in the years. You can click the following links to check/book the hotels.
1. Harbour Plaza Metropolis 都會海逸酒店
2. InterContinental 香港洲際酒店
3. InterContinental Grand Stanford 海景嘉福酒店
4. Kowloon Shangri-la Hotel 九龍香格里拉大酒店
5. Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel 馬可孛羅香港酒店
6. New World Millennium Hong Kong Hotel 千禧新世界香港酒店
7. The Peninsula, Hong Kong 半島酒店
8. Sheraton Hotel, Hong Kong 香港喜來登酒店
9. Ritz-Carlton (ICC Tower, highest hotel in Hong Kong)
Hong Kong Island Side:
1. Conrad Hong Kong 香港港麗酒店
2. The Excelsior Hotel 怡東酒店
3. Four Seasons Hotel 四季酒店
4. Grand Hyatt 君悅酒店
5. Island Shangri-La Hotel 港島香格里拉大酒店
6. JW Marriott 香港萬豪酒店
7. Mandarin Oriental Hotel 香港文華東方酒店
8. Renaissance Harbour View 萬麗海景酒店
Alternatively, the fireworks can also be enjoyed on board of the many Harbour Cruises. There are also several travel agencies offering New Year Eve’s Fireworks and Dinner Cruises along Victoria Harbour.
“Hong Kong usually has three times fireworks display every year. The fireworks on Chinese New Year is always the best. Hong Kong’s firework show is very massive and you will have chance to watch to show in a close distance.”
“Special traffic arrangements are in effect before and after the Chinese New Year’s Firework Show. This includes closure (!) of roads and MTR Exits. Be prepared for a very large crowd and we highly recommend to plan your arrival way ahead of the schedule fireworks time.
“You will find many photographers with tripod waiting along Victoria Harbour. If you want to find a spot for photo shooting along Victoria Harbour be sure to be there before 5:00pm.”
More Info and Details
February 9th, 2016
Along Victoria Harbour